Barossa Valley
Had been to the Barossa Valley today with a great friend of mine from Bangalore. Barossa Valley, btw, is the prime wine making region in the whole of Australia... with over 71 wineries in the region. I was driving so wasn't drinking... just tasting & spitting! Its more fun to get drunk on free booze tho'!
Well... I'm not fond of wine that much yet (tho'... after living 2 years in Australia, I can certainly tell a good wine from a bad one)... at the moment...its just another source of cheap alcohol!!! (a 5 litre wine wine cask costs around 10 bucks... which is freakin cheap... & that quantity is more than enough for you to get drunk a few times over.
Anywaz... back to Barossa... Luckily, I had watched the movie SIDEWAYS a couple of days ago... & that movie is basically set in the Californian Wine Region... so picked up some facts & tips about wine & how to taste it. (psst... the last time I went to the Barossa with a few of my mates a year ago... it was hilarious... I didn't know much about wines... but we used to go into a Winery suave and sophisticated... acting as if we knew quite a bit about wines & trying out free wine. By the time we had reached the tenth winery, we were really tipsy... & all we wanted was more alcohol... so we used to go into the wineries & just chuck all the free smaple wines they had to offer & go to the next. By the 20th we were completely gone!!!)... But this time around... I knew my shit... & really could appreciate the wines.
Got heaps of snaps... will post 'em up here soon!
gtg now... Jonny's big party is on tonight... & plan to get completely wasted.
Well... I'm not fond of wine that much yet (tho'... after living 2 years in Australia, I can certainly tell a good wine from a bad one)... at the moment...its just another source of cheap alcohol!!! (a 5 litre wine wine cask costs around 10 bucks... which is freakin cheap... & that quantity is more than enough for you to get drunk a few times over.
Anywaz... back to Barossa... Luckily, I had watched the movie SIDEWAYS a couple of days ago... & that movie is basically set in the Californian Wine Region... so picked up some facts & tips about wine & how to taste it. (psst... the last time I went to the Barossa with a few of my mates a year ago... it was hilarious... I didn't know much about wines... but we used to go into a Winery suave and sophisticated... acting as if we knew quite a bit about wines & trying out free wine. By the time we had reached the tenth winery, we were really tipsy... & all we wanted was more alcohol... so we used to go into the wineries & just chuck all the free smaple wines they had to offer & go to the next. By the 20th we were completely gone!!!)... But this time around... I knew my shit... & really could appreciate the wines.
Got heaps of snaps... will post 'em up here soon!
gtg now... Jonny's big party is on tonight... & plan to get completely wasted.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home